Estate and Trust Legislative Affairs
* Assists the substantive committees (Decedents’ Estates, Digital Assets, Guardianship, Powers of Attorney and Advanced Directives, Trusts) in their drafting of legislation.
* Submits Section's proposed legislation to the State Bar for permission to present to the State Legislature.
* Appears before the State Bar Legislative Committee to testify about the Section's proposed legislation.
* Finds legislators to carry the Section's proposed legislation.
* Works with the legislature to facilitate passage of Section legislation including testifying on Section legislation.
* Monitors and reports on all bills introduced that effect probate, guardianship and trust law.
* Acts as a resource witness when requested by a legislator or the State Bar.