* Monitors legislative developments affecting probate law in Texas.
* Investigates problems with the Texas Estates Code and requests by Section members for legislative changes.
* Develops legislative proposals affecting probate law for consideration by the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Council.
* Works with other groups interested in probate legislation.
* Provides resource information to the Legislature about proposed legislation affecting probate law.
* Reports to the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Council, including recommendations for legislative action.
* Performs such other tasks as may be assigned to it by the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Council or its Chair.